Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter went down the toilet




Seriously, down the toilet. As in literally down the toilet b/c all of us were barfing. Not at once thankfully but throughout the whole weekend. I've had to wait to even write this post b/c I knew it would hit us all. I wanted it gone and done with. It all started on Thursday night when Olivia comes downstairs at 9:30 as Dan and I are laughing away at the Colbert Report. Poor thing kept barfing throughout the night until 4:20. She then slept until 8 and woke up her old self. Friday was fine but then Saturday night at 9:30 I hear Lexie on her monitor. Now, all barf is gross but some is worse than others. Lexie's was particularly vile. Dan (what a good man!) cleaned up the sheets while I cleaned Lexie. This time instead of putting her back to bed (like I had done with Olivia) I just brought her downstairs to hang out while the barfing passed. About an hour after Lexie woke up, Cassidy starts coughing and barfing on her monitor. She comes downstairs and we're all hanging out. Somebody was barfing about every 20-30 minutes. At one time both Lexie and Cassidy were wretching into the barf bucket. Poor Cassidy didn't really know what to do. She would actually lie down and just throw up that way! Fun times right? So finally after trying to put Lexie to bed a couple times I get her down at 2am. Cassidy and I lie down on her twin bed in her room but there was no rest for us. Every 30-40 mins she would start coughing and then I would get her off the bed and she would lie down and just bring up all the water she just drank. (Poor child kept crying for water, I'd deny her but then eventually give in but she'd just throw it back up!!! Horrible, horrible cycle!) Finally I put her in her crib at 6:45 and she slept for a couple hours. Me, not so lucky. At 7:30 Lexie woke me up to tell me she had to pee and on the way back to bed she's heaving again. Despite all this the Easter Bunny managed to hide some eggs outside. Smart little bunny must have known about all the issues we were having and he hid Squinkies inside eggs instead of chocolate! And Olivia noticed that he gave the EXACT same Squinkies I had in my closet!!! She says he must have known how much she wanted them. She did not for a second question the existence of the Easter Bunny! I love the innocence of that child. Well, I wish I could say that Dan and I escaped the nastiness but honestly after dealing with so much of the girls barf how on earth could we avoid it? I was sick Monday and Dan got some of it Monday night. But we're all good now! Not perfect, the girls have coughs but that seems so much more managable than throw up.

1 comments:

Annie Moffatt said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful girls!

Post a Comment