Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Waitlists


When we were out yesterday Killarney Community Centre called but they didn't leave a message. Hmm....what could they want? Both girls are on a waitlist- Olivia for swimming and Lexie for the preschool. I was so curious so I called yesterday. And called and called a third time but each time I got a message. I tried to leave it alone because they would eventually call me back. But it kept bugging me. Why wouldn't they have left a message? I had been wanting to find out what number Lexie was on the waitlist so that was my excuse to call. (I registered early in morning on the second day of registration and Lexie was #63) But before I called I went online and checked out our account with the community centre. Very handy to be able to check things out on the computer. At the very top of the list of our transactions with the community centre was "Deleted from waitlist- Alexis" What the heck???? I called the community centre and finally got through. To make a long story short (they couldn't figure out why she had been taken off and what was going on) it turns out that someone called and since I wasn't home they put "unavailable" next to Lexie's name and then deleted her from the waitlist! The preschool programmer was really nice and got Lexie into the class I wanted and was really apologetic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment