Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More birthday fun!

 
Remember how I had the community centre booked and someone else sent home an invitation to a party on the exact same day? Well, we had a home party instead and it rocked. Actually, what I mean is, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!!! I still stressed out the night before about the clean up- wondering would any of the parents come in to use the bathroom? Would any parents want to go up and see the girls room? What if one of the kids notices how messy my house is and tells their parents??? Would anyone notice how gross my dining room chairs are? We got the house clean and decent looking and set it up all nice for conversation, eating, board games and of course video games. Then 10 of Olivia's classmates came over and the fun began. In my head I kept picturing a lot of yelling and running around but it wasn't like that at all. My mom commented how it was such a nice group of kids and she is so right. The dynamics of this group were awesome and the party for the most part was calm. Well....as calm as a group of eleven 7 & 8 yrs olds, two 5 yr olds and a 3 yr old can possibly be. I was so busy being the best hostess I could be that I forgot to take pictures!!! I've shared the couple that we took.
 The last 20 minutes of the party was spent outside decorating our sidewalk. The sun was shining and it was just a beautiful day.
Okay, I'm totally a TEACHER all the time. I made up some cute games and laminated them. Then I had the girls practice them so that they could teach their friends and also, in case there were any problems that might come up during the party. But the kids just did their own thing! Nobody played my beautifully laminated games :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment