The Portland Zoo is the only zoo we know. There's something really special about it. It's mostly outdoors (duh!) and there is just so much to see in it. It feels clean, friendly and safe. I feel like the animals are well looked after and the people who work there like their jobs. Here are lots of pictures of the girls, Dan's parents and Dan and I spending a morning at the zoo.
Below: hanging out in front of the dinosaur exhibit. Last year Dan and the girls paid the extra $8 to go in and see the dinosaurs but the girls were a little afraid. This year they begged us to go in but we just didn't want to spend that money again to have them rush through it. We promised gift store stuff instead.
There's a little statue garden the girls love climbing on. Here's Cassidy (below) with the hippo.
They have a whole section of the zoo on African animals. Here are Dan and the girls (right) playing with the drums.
Check out these lions (below) !!! It's kinda a little creepy having lions staring at you. There's a ravine all around their exhibit and then a glass wall. Down below is a viewing area where you're looking up the little hill to them. Not just a little creepy but ALOT creepy. It feels like you're in there with them. I was constantly checking things out and making escape plans.
The girls are checking out meerkats. Does anyone remember Meerkat Manor? I LOVE that show. These little creatures are super cute and so smart. Telus had meerkats in their commercial once and we have a Telus meerkat from Uncle Mike.
Check out these giraffes wrapping their necks around each other and nuzzling!
Pa and Avo checking out giraffes, gazelles, zebras and other animals whose names escape me. But trust me they're really cool!
I love how Jose and Madalena really enjoyed themselves at the zoo!


0 comments:
Post a Comment