So we headed up to Kelowna to visit my dad aka Grandpa Knox and Joyce. Or as Cassidy calls Grandpa "Papa" (emphasis on the 'a's'.) We left around 9:40am and had a great drive up. We went the farthest we've ever gone without a stop- 2.5 hours! Miss Cassidy only slept 15 mins. which was surprising since she loves her naps. We arrived up there around 3pm and got settled in quickly. Luckily there's a basement where we can spread our stuff out and be a little noisy. To get some energy out of the girl's we went for a walk. The highlight of the walk was seeing 4 deer- a mom, her twins & I think a grandma. The girls were thrilled!
The next day we went into visit G.G.- my grandma! How lucky am I to be still visiting my grandma? The girls were given a tour of Gram's Lake Country Manor and were on their best behaviour. After hanging out in Winfield for a bit we went back to Mckinley landing where Grandpa lives and Cassidy had her nap. After the nap we went to my aunt and uncle's house which is right on Okanagan Lake. Holy cow did Lexie and Olivia enjoy themselves!!! They spent most of the time in the lake. It was a lovely temperature. Not sure what it was- maybe 70-72 degrees? (around 21 degrees celsius) Alot of my family was there- most of my cousins and their kids & spouses. We had a fantastic time! I didn't get nearly as much time with my dad, aunt or cousins as I'd like. Miss Cassidy is such a busy bee and constantly into EVERYTHING! I'm on my feet chasing her all the time. I love love love this stage and it's rapid language development but the constant busyness is so exhausting. Especially for this mom who's not getting a lot of sleep.
We stayed one more night and most of the second day. We made one more trip to the lake for a quick swim in the lake & a visit with Aunt Betty & Jenna. Then it was back home. WHIRLWIND I tell ya. The trip home was great. We stopped in at a fruit stand for some peaches and had another great trip along the Coquihalla. We made it home around 8:30 and got the kids into bed quickly. It only took a couple days to unpack.


1 comments:
Love that you got out with the fam! Yay for summer!
Post a Comment