Saturday, September 29, 2012

hello, here's an update in case you're wondering

So in case you're wondering, I did not do the Grind the following week. I was prepared to go to the gym but I just couldn't do the Grind again. Twice in one summer is enough.
Olivia is enjoying grade two. Her hearing is lower than normal and she just got a personal FM system. It's basically hearing aids but they're not specifically made for her so she takes them off for recess, gym, and lunch. She also has 2 boys in her class who have hearing aids so there's a hearing teacher who sees her. She's so excited b/c the kids who see the hearing teacher get to have a slurpee party each term. I also started a communication book with the teacher (you should see how pretty it is!) and I feel more in the loop this year.
Alexis is enjoying kindergarten. I was a bit worried at first b/c she cried on Thursdays and Fridays when she left me to go in. She didn't like that she had to go everyday. And then there was the time she told me "I hate kindergarten." My heart sunk. I asked her why and she said "B/c I miss all the fun." I thought she meant preschool and said "Oh you miss preschool!" but she said "No, I mean the fun with you and Cassidy." I was so relieved! "Lexie, Cassidy sleeps and I clean the kitchen!" She was relieved too.
Cassidy is enjoying life. She just enjoys being with her sisters. She's so interested in letters and tries to look for them everywhere. I'm always pointing out C for Cassidy. She's always pointing to letters and saying "for Cassidy!" with such pride. It doesn't matter which letter, they're all "for Cassidy"! She also really enjoys reading. Dan and I have been catching all 3 girls in Olivia's room reading. Each with their own book, lying on some blankets and pillows and cuddled up to some stuffed animal. We're almost seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel" with Cassidy. It's hard to describe but if you have kids you know what I mean. She's out of diapers (just pullups at night), she sleeps so well, and she's pretty independent. She dresses herself too and she does this several times a day. She'll find a dress and put it on saying "It's so pretty. It has a butterfly." Then not long later she'll come across another dress and get mad at the old dress "Take it off! I don't like butterfly dress! I want blue dress!" I'd say she goes through 6 dresses a day. I stopped helping her put them on but she figured it out all herself and doesn't need me for that anymore.
Work is good for me. I kept 15 kids from my class last year and I'm now teaching grade two. It's wonderful! I still have my share of monkeys but it's so much easier when they're monkeys you know. I have one little guy who says the funniest things. Like when I was reading a book and was tying it into being an author. I said "An author wrote this so well that someone published it and now people pay to read it." So B puts his hand up and asks "If it's so good why doesn't it have an award?" Then there was picture day and he tells me "I'm going to wear a tuxedo. If I don't have a tuxedo then I'm going to buy one." He cracks me up all day long!
My girls have started asking me "How many days until Halloween?" I can't believe that September is almost over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment