Okay, this is late. Olivia turned 8 on Monday, March 11th. When I saw the positive on the pregnancy test my world stopped and the world kept spinning around me. Literally! I was shocked and stunned. Dan made me take several more tests before he would believe it. I had severe morning sickness with her but the rest of the pregnancy was uneventful. Except if you count the gestational diabetes and the 50 lb weight gain. The day she was born I went off and worked my last day at the school I'm still at. I was showered with gifts and unwrapped them when I got home. I started to feel weird and nauseous so I had a bath. The bath was eventful and I called the hospital. The doc on call thought it was a stomache bug and wanted me to phone the hospital. Forget that, I wasn't calling I was going in. By the time we had grabbed my bags and Dan brought the car around to the front I could hardly move b/c the contractions were so painful. Then we had the longest car ride EVER and got to RCH in New West. The really rude, snotty, witchy lady at reception made me wait 15 minutes before I got admitted. All telling me to breathe. I get upstairs and nursers are joking around, while I'm in the bathroom trying to get into the damn hospital gown. I could barely do that simple act and had to call for Dan. So then they finally check me and I'm a 9. A big ole freakin 9! I felt so vindicated. So then everyone starts treating me different and seriously and not much longer I had Olivia. But first the intern checked me and couldn't tell what number I was dilated, the cord was wrapped around her neck and forceps were used. But of course this all turns out to be the best day ever b/c I was officially a mom. So here are some pics of Miss Olivia Lauren over the years:
The arms over the head pose in the basinette.
Check out that tiny fist. What is it with little tiny baby fists that are so adorable?
Don't let Dan's tired eyes fool you. Lucky guy didn't know what it was like to get up during the night until Alexis came along.
Love that face. The monkey dancing thingy is gone. They all loved it but outgrew it.
Olivia's first birthday!
Scribbling on the wall. This is Pa and Avo's house. You should see the walls at our house. Covered with scribbles!
Our little Canucks fan. There's Lexie in my belly.
First trip to Portland I think.
Hamming it up for the camera.
See a pattern?
Wearing daddy's hat during game #7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. All Vancouver fans would love to have her "oh well, the Canucks didn't win" attitude.
Age 7.
Age almost 8.
Our Miss Olivia is creative, feisty, kind hearted, strong willed and high spirited. She loves her sisters and is kind to them - most of the time. She loves swimming, arts and crafts and cats. This girl is difficult but so special. She thinks outside the box and I can't wait to see where that leads her. She thinks boyfriends and kisssing are icky and I'm hoping that sentiment stays!
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Hmmm Strong willed and high spirited?? Sounds like the Knox side of the family. And look at all of the wonderful women in it !!
Post a Comment