Monday, June 3, 2013

Woo hoo it's June!

I better be careful about how excited I am it's June b/c two of my little ones were conceived in June!!!! Ha, just kidding. That door is closed, that ship has sailed, blah blah blah we have enough kids so we're done. Plus did I tell ya I'm going to Disneyland this summer!!! I mean, we're all going to Disneyland and I'm pretty excited about it. We're driving which sounds kinda hellish and may be brutal but still I'm excited. It means we get to go to the beach too and possibly Sea World in San Diego. If you know me, you know I LOVE planning vacations. Tripadvisor is my best friend right now.

Olivia- my difficult child. I'm reading a couple books on how to help with her behaviour. She's been lucky with her teachers this year. They've been so flexible, patient and kind. She's enjoying school so much more this year. Still best buds with a boy we'll call A. So Olivia had her first communion in April. When Cassidy got baptized at 4 months, Olivia was wearing the green dress Lexie is wearing in the picture and Lexie was wearing the dress Cassidy is wearing. I just love seeing the clothes get passed down to each girl. When Cassidy's clothes get too small and I have to pack them away forever, I may get a little teary.





Alexis- is it inappropriate that her favourite song right now is "Bottoms Up" and she sings things like "tell security we 'bout to tear this club up?" Or that the other day as we're having dinner she sings "fill my glass up a little more"  as she holds out her glass (like Nicky Minaj)??? Yes?? Umm...it can't be helped. My kids find songs on youtube. We tried banning youtube but they would come home talking about songs and other stuff from school anyways. So now we're trying to teach them about appropriate and inappropriate and what to ignore etc It's all so tricky. Don't judge us.

Cassidy- is so busy!!! she makes me feel old. She is the most affectionate of my 3 girls. Everyday she says "I love you" to me! She also tells me I'm cute daily as well. She still naps! She can miss a nap here and there but boy does she want to nap.
 

 
Me- I'm hitting the gym once a week for a zumba class!!! It's a start, don't laugh. I always feel happy for summer but this school year I've had an amazing class. Most of us were together last year through the daily stomping, growling, threats and chair throwing. This year I have many of the same students and it's been pretty amazing. I will be sad to see them move on but so proud of their accomplishments. Like my little dude who was barely verbal when he started with me and now speaks in sentences. Or my little girl who was so smart to begin with and has become more well spoken and confident.
Happy June everyone!!!!! Here's to sunny sports day, clean classrooms and teary "good-bye for nows"!!!

Happy June everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment