Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random Updates and Thoughts


I think (I pray!) we're all over the worst of our colds. We haven't done much but we've been busy- make sense? Olivia has swimming Wed & Fri and both girls have ballet on Sun. We go to church every Sunday and keeping the girls entertained and quiet is a totally work out! There's preschool MWF and of course all the shopping. I start my day at about 5am, then back to lie in bed for a bit until Lexie gets up anywhere from 6-7am. Then from there it's off to the races!


Sleeping- I'm super lucky with little Cassidy and her sleeping. She's still sleeping from 9pm-5am. But her naps are challenging. She can only tolerate being awake for about an hour. Then she needs to be asleep again. Sleep- simple right? Wrong. She doesn't fall asleep easily. And if I let it go too far past an hour she gets all wound up and overtired. I try to nurse her to sleep but that doesn't work often. I usually have to carry her around, which is killing my back, neck and shoulders. I need to start using my moby wrap again!


Housekeeping- I have to admit that I'm a terrible housekeeper. Okay, maybe not terrible but definitely not my strength. It is so low on my list of priorities right now and actually has always been! I hate cleaning. I'm trying really hard to get the girls to clean up after themselves but they hate it too. Still, I must persist. One day it will pay off. I once saw a saying somewhere on the computer. I wish I had copied it. But the gist of it was that if you have small children and you have a neat, clean house you don't spend enough time with your kids. So for now I just walk through my house saying to myself "Let it go, let it go...."


Makeover- I need a makeover! Someone sign me up for one of those shows that can make me over. I'm so embarassed to admit that I'm stuck at losing the last 15lbs. It feels like more b/c stuff has shifted around on my body. I've never had to try to lose weight before in my life. I know, boo hoo for me.
Save another date- I know you've already saved June 27th for Cassidy's baptism. The invitations will be out shortly. Now save June 24th (9:30) for Olivia's preschool graduation! Call in sick to work, take an extra break, do what you need to do to be there! (I'm just kidding!) I'll post pictures so you all can share in my glory.



0 comments:

Post a Comment