Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Update on Cassidy


Little Miss Cassidy has been sick but is much better. We had a really brutal night where she just wanted to be in my arms. I finally (after 6-7 hours of trying to get her to sleep in her crib) slept on the couch with her in my arms. Oh my poor neck and arms! She's been sleeping through the night most nights but she's still not consistent. Yesterday was a big day for her. She rolled from her back to her tummy! Big milestone for her but what a pain in the butt at bedtime! She couldn't sleep because she kept trying to roll on her tummy! And then when she'd get to her tummy she'd cry. I've got an awesome video of her rolling and smiling but it's too big to upload.

Naptimes are kinda a nightmare right now. She gets really tired after being awake for an hour an a half or so but getting her to sleep is so tricky!!! Morning nap I'll usually nurse (mostly comfort nursing) for an hour or longer so she can sleep like 20 mins in her crib. She's so tired for her afternoon nap and she'll comfort nurse for about an hour and a half but she'll only sleep in her crib at the most 40-50 mins at a time. Then at bedtime she's taking that long or longer to just hang out on me. And if I try to put her down before she's ready she immediately wakes up crying. I'm really enjoying this time with her but I'm looking forward to the time when naptimes and sleep are consistent. That came at about 9 months with both girls. (I am determined to get her on a consistent nap routine before 9 months though!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment