Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whistler







We had a fantastic little trip up to Whistler. Thanks to Aunt Laurie and Uncle Tom to letting us stay in the fabulous chalet! Pa and Avo joined us on Saturday- thanks for giving us some extra help! Our trip up was perfect- and by perfect I mean Cassidy slept the whole way up! The weather was awesome too. It was nice and warm with a breeze. We got into the village on Friday. The girls just loved it! There was just so much for them to see and do. So picture Dan and I: he's pushing the green double stroller with the big girls and I'm pushing the blue stroller with Cassidy. It felt like stroller overkill but we do what we have to do to make life easier.


So that night things started out well. I got Cassidy down in her playpen earlier than usual. Then we got Olivia and Lexie ready for bed and we all attempted to sleep in the same room. But soon after we had all gotten into bed, Cassidy wakes up. It went downhill from there. Olivia and Lexie couldn't relax, and Cassidy was wide awake. Olivia and Lexie moved upstairs and finally fell asleep around 10pm. Cassidy took even longer. She finally fell asleep around 11:20pm. It was so exhausting! I couldn't sleep b/c I kept thinking Cassidy would wake up. She actually didn't do too badly and slept until about 5:30am. Olivia and Lexie woke up at 6am all ready to go. We spent Saturday morning at the Whistler Children's Festival. It was okay. It was $5 per child and by donation for adults. So we gave $20 for the 2 kids and 4 adults. There was supposed to be a lot of free activities. The girls went to a balloon creature booth first. As they are looking through a book picking which creature they want Dan and I notice the box that says "by donation/ $4 minimum donation" That was irritating. Why are we paying an entrance fee if things cost money??? And the balloons didn't last at all. Olivia got a butterfly and Lexie chose the crab. We did manage to find a free face painting booth for the girls. After we had done all we could at the festival we went back into the village.

Other updates:
the sleep situation with Cassidy has gotten worse! now she's not sleeping through the night anymore and it's gotten difficult to put her down at night too.
I'll feed her once but when she wakes up after only sleeping like an hour or less I don't feed her. I'm trying to get her to learn to fall asleep on her own but it's hard b/c I don't want her to cry for long. Yesterday she got her 4 month shots and had a reaction to them. She woke up with a fever and today I noticed that the injection sight was red and very sore looking. I got a total of 2 hours sleep last night. That's a total- not all in a row. Surprisingly I did pretty well today. I think moms are just built for very little sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment