Monday, August 1, 2011

Beachin' it

Early last Wednesday morning Pa and Avo arrived at our house and we all set off to Oregon. We were all dying to share what we love about Oregon and our first stop was Seaside, Oregon. We stayed at our usual place the Rivertides Suites. There are so many things we love about it but our favourite things are the washer/dryer, full kitchen, and free breakfast. Also, every evening from 5-6 they served wine and snacks. I have to admit I had a glass of wine each evening. Seaside truly is a vacation for me. We got a 2 bedroom suite again so once the girls were in bed Dan and I really chilled out in the living room. We'd open the sliding glass door and just enjoy the smells and sounds of the ocean.
Just 10 minutes south of Seaside is Cannon Beach. It's got a much nicer beach where the girls can explore tidal pools and discover sea creatures. We'd love to stay there one day but Seaside is much more family friendly for us. Here we are walking through the streets of Cannon Beach. Cassidy had fallen asleep in the back carrier so I needed to walk around for awhile so she could get a little nap in.

This is how the girls spent most of their time at Cannon Beach- totally engrossed and fascinated by everything!


The waves from the ocean would wash in and made this river we're standing in.




Here is a picture of me and Cassidy with Haystack Rock in the background. This backpack carrier is an Ergo carrier and has been totally worth the money. When she was smaller I would carry her on the front but now she only goes on the back.



These pictures are now back at Seaside beach. Miss Cassidy loved the beach so much she wanted to eat it. She did not like the taste. Luckily Avo was so close and helped get the nasty sand out.



Olivia and Lexie could live at the beach. It looks cold in the picture but it actually wasn't that bad.

Even the water was lovely. Oh at first when you'd go in it was shocking but after about 30 seconds it felt nice. The first time the girls went to the beach I wasn't there. I had a coupon at Carter's that expired the first day we were there so I HAD to go. I met them at the beach and the girls were soaking wet (in clothes) and totally sandy. Even Cassidy was soaking wet. She couldn't get enough of the water! She didn't want to hold hands, she just wanted to run in the water by herself. She would squeal with delight with every step.




I had a couple seconds of hand holding and Dan managed to capture it! Right after this she shook free of me and ran into the water!





We spent five nights in Portland as well but that will be in my next post. We just finished unpacking today- 4 days later! We did tons of shopping. Oh the no-tax thing gets me so excited!!!! We started our "to buy in Oregon" list probably 3 months ago.












1 comments:

katherine said...

Oh Seaside. Looks like a lovely time!

Btw - the raspberries go into my green smoothies....and I think we just plain ate a whole bunch of em.

Keep on enjoying your summer!

Post a Comment