Friday, May 14, 2010

Mortified


I guess I should get used to feeling mortified. I'm a parent and one of my kids for the next 20 or more years will do something that I am embarassed of. So Miss Jodi told me that at snack time Olivia was telling one child that another child was stinky. And some other things too but Miss Jodi didn't elaborate. She pulled Olivia aside immediately and let her know that wasn't okay. The girl who Olivia said mean things about is the sweetest little girl and super shy. OMG I was embarrassed. Now, if my mother is reading this she's probably thinking 'Payback'. I hate to admit this and I'm ashamed but when I was young, maybe 6? I made fun of a handicapped girl at my school. This girls mom is a friend of my moms and my poor mom was mortified about it. But that's not all. I also called another girl "shrimp" because she was small- repeatedly. Guess what? Her parents were good friends of my parent's too. I deserve this.

It's a beautiful day here and the girls are outside playing picnic. They can keep themselves busy out in nature all day long. It doesn't matter how long they've been outside or how many minutes I've warned them they have left. It's never enough.

1 comments:

Post a Comment