Monday, March 28, 2011

I ♥ Oregon

So we just got back from another awesome trip from Oregon. If I ever have to change my identity and relocate I'm moving to Oregon. Oh damn, I just gave myself away. Well, if I ever have to move for some other reason, I want to move to Oregon. Ever since we found out that we'd have another 2 week spring break we knew we wanted to go to Oregon. We went back and forth about wether or not we'd go b/c Lexie and I got the stomache bug on Tuesday last week but were both better by Saturday. It was then wait and see if anyone else got it too. Thankfully no one else got it. Originally we were scheduled to leave Sunday but we pushed it back to Thursday. Before I tell you about our trip, let me tell you that Cassidy is seriously the best baby ever. On every part of the trip she was awesome. It was about 6 hours both ways and she hardly made a peep. Then there was the sleeping situation. I was worried about this. Really worried! I mean, she isn't the greatest sleeper here at home in ideal situations. But she was a superstar! She would start the night off in her playpen and sleep for about 6 hours, then I would nurse her back to sleep and put her in our bed. We had a king sized bed so there was plenty of room but Miss Cassidy was either snugged up against me or curled up on Dan's pillow. I was worried our mornings would start pretty early but all the girls slept in until 7am. (You people with kids know what I mean about "sleeping in" until 7am!) Here are some random pictures of Portland: Lexie would choose the table in the breakfast area. We would eat a nice buffet breakfast there every morning plus every evening from 5:30-7:30 there would be pretzels & drinks. (wine too!)
This is where Olivia and Lexie slept. They were pretty good sleepers too. There was a bit of chatting before they would fall asleep. After they fell asleep Dan and I had to go to bed too. Or hang out in the bathroom, where Dan had the laptop set up.
We made it out to a restaurant once- Red Lobster. The girls were all really well behaved, Dan and I were super impressed! All the other times we would do take out from Cheesecake Factory.
Here we are at the Children's Museum. We have never been before. The Portland Children's Museum is next to the zoo. We usually do the zoo so that's why we've never been before. It was really fun. So much fun that Olivia wanted to go back that same day and the next day.

Other highlights:

-Woodburn Outlets- we usually run out of time but this time we got to go to all the stores we wanted; Dan and I got some new shoes and I got a new Coach purse for $80!

-Washington Square Mall- such a lovely mall and we just love the Cheesecake Factory

-pool at the hotel- this was a big hit with the big girls! I realized when we got there that I had forgotten the bathing suits! I had remembered my own & Cassidy's but not the big girls. Luckily the mall is so close and Gymboree had their bathing suits on sale!

1 comments:

katherine said...

I love that you had the computer set up in the bathroom!

Post a Comment