Sunday, August 22, 2010

Busy day



Today was free admission day at PNE so we headed off early to get our free parking as well. Paying $20 for parking is just ridiculous and thankfully we found free parking around Notre Dame high school. We're trying to wean Olivia off the stroller so we just brought the green stroller. This was Cassidy's first time in the back of the double stroller and she was amazed! It was a totally new view for her. (As you can see from the photo we still haven't totally weaned Olivia from the stroller) The first place we went to was "Those little donuts". Yum! It was 9:30am but that didn't stop us from eating up those yummy little donuts! After walking around for a bit we headed over to the Super Dogs. I love those dogs!!! They are so entertaining. I stayed for most of the show but Cassidy was getting tired so I left a little early and put her in my Moby wrap. I just have to say again that I LOVE MY MOBY WRAP!! Having Cassidy all cuddled up close to me is such a delicious feeling. She's so quiet and calm when she's in the wrap on me. She ended up falling asleep and having a nice little nap while we walked around the PNE. After the Super Dogs show we went to the barn and checked out the farm animals. Dan and I were laughing at ourselves b/c as we walked around the barn we kept saying things like "Don't touch that! It's got germs." We bring our 3 year old and our 5 year old into a barn full of farm animals and ask them not to touch! So after we saw the farm animals we kinda felt done but we still had to have lunch. What's the PNE without having a nice meal of extremely over priced, yummy smelling but mediocre tasting food? Dan got a gyro and I got some butter chicken while the girls each got a corn dog. After eating we tried to head home. It was slow going b/c there were TONS of people coming in. And Olivia's shoe was bugging her so we had to keep stopping to fix it. As we get to the entrance gate it gets crazy. There are a lot of people leaving but some are getting re-entry stamps which is causing a huge bottleneck. Then the people who are coming to the fair are starting to RUN towards us b/c the free admission is close to ending. The PNE staff begin to make a chain to stop the people from coming in. It was very interesting. The walk back to the car wasn't too bad but I did have to carry Olivia. We were all exhausted when we got home. Lexie had a nap but the other two girls didn't. I so wish I could have a nap.
Later at home Cassidy was on her play mat. She's been getting up on her knees a bit lately but today she was trying so hard to crawl! She's getting around a bit but not on purpose. She's actually moving backwards. See the picture with Lexie? Cassidy started out in the middle of the jungle gym (on her back) and ended up with her feet in the t.v. stand eventually. I can't believe that she is starting to become mobile!!! My how time flies. I'm sad to think I'll never go through a pregnancy or baby phase again but also excited to think about what the future holds. Like a little more sleep maybe???

















0 comments:

Post a Comment