Friday, October 15, 2010

71 days until Christmas!







I can't believe how time flies. It's already well into October and I'm thinking about what to get the girls for Christmas! We celebrated Thanksgiving at Dan's parents and had a fabulous turkey dinner with all the trimmings plus more! Little Miss Cassidy has been doing awesome with her naps and had a little nap in the afternoon. It was a great day.
We've fallen into a nice routine here during the week. CRAZY! But nice. We drop Lexie off at preschool then come straight home and I put Cassidy down for a nap. She's now at the point where I can put her down awake and she goes to sleep without making any noises. She's found her thumb so she uses that to soothe herself. At first she would only suck on her thumb when she was tired but she does it all the time now. It's so cute! Neither of my other girls have ever sucked their thumbs. I've been wanting to get a picture but our batteries died and I haven't had a chance to change them. She doesn't close her fingers so she's got her little fingers sticking straight up! Got off track there....back to our routine. I hang out with Olivia in the am while Cassidy sleeps. We pick Lexie up and come home for lunch. Everyday it's a battle to get Olivia to eat and get dressed. We walk to Corpus Christi where we look for the chickens in our neighbour's yard, cross the dangerous crosswalk at 49th Ave & then play a bit in the school yard. Olivia and Lexie met 2nd cousins of their's on the first day. It was actually kind of a fluke. One of the girls came up to see Cassidy but didn't know who we were. Since then Olivia and Lexie look for the two sisters and play with them. Olivia does so well with older girls. She really looks up to them. It's so cute to watch. Today the younger girl, who's in grade 4, came back from an overnight trip. We couldn't go home until Olivia and Lexis had seen her! So after school Olivia and Lexie just play hard core! Their imaginations go into overdrive.
Little Miss Lexie hasn't cried lately at drop off! She'll say to me "I'm not going to cry today" and then when she's done she'll say so proudly "I didn't cry today!" I think the big difference is she now has some friends that she looks forward to seeing. There's I (a boy) at Killarney Park. He's a brother of a boy Olivia went to school with. I watched them on the playground and she kept hugging him and even kissed him! Then there's A & M at the community centre. Both little girls also cried when their moms left but their all getting more confident.
Back to Miss Cassidy. She's pulling herself up to standing now. I have to really keep an eye on her b/c she'll try to stand up on things that aren't stable. Like the cradle for dolls. She tipped it over and bonked herself in the face! No bruises though, just a big red mark.
On to Miss Olivia....she's getting better but she's still pretty difficult. After school has been hard. It's like she's worked so hard at being so good all afternoon and then just comes apart with me. Things that Olivia has cried over:
-I wouldn't carry her 5 books and toys down the stairs (I had Cassidy and told her she needed to take less or make 2 trips)
-Lexie wouldn't do what she wanted
-her navy blue socks were in the wash and she had to wear white socks to school (gasp!)
and so many other things.....
But everytime I come onto this blog and review it I feel so blessed. During the day it's so hectic that it's hard to stop and feel lucky. Of course when they're in bed and quietly sleeping, it's so easy to feel so lucky! Aren't sleeping babies so loverly???!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment