Once you have kids, the levels of disgusting you get to are unimaginable. I guess it all starts at the hospital when they tell you to count your babies poop and look for color and consistency. Eww really? Isn't poo just poo? Oh no. And then there's the first poop itself. Black, thick, sticky and utterly disgusting. But you wait for it to come out and you rejoice when it does. Poop just becomes a way of life. It's still a way of life when your five and a half year old still asks you (and other family members!) to wipe their bum. Not mentioning any names here....Then there's all the food that gets dropped and doesn't get picked up until the stench in the car is noticable. I shouldn't forget about the sippy cups that get left lying around to fester and get moldy. Those are fun, especially in the summer. Lastly, are the boogers. Yup, the boogers. And the snot. Enough said.
So there's a diaper bag that had been sitting at our table for a couple months. We had unloaded it when we came back from Oregon (in August!) and I had just never needed it, so there it sat. Until Olivia moved it and cried out "Oh it's all wet underneath!" Eww...I know what that means- rotten food inside. Don't do what I did and look inside. Why oh why did I look inside??? Out comes this cloud of fruit flies! Oh my god....I run around trying to kill them all. But it's impossible so I turn back to the bag. My first thought is I should just throw it away. But they're saddle bags that go with our Phil and Ted's double stroller and were a gift from Mike and Bern. So I take it outside and rinse the crap out of it. I fill it water and dump it out so many times. Here comes the disgusting part....seriously people don't read on if you get queasy easily. Like you mom. So inside my Phil and Ted's saddle bag are.....m.....blech....maggots. Little fruit fly maggots. Thank god they're not the kind you see on CSI but gross enough. It hung outside for a month or so until recently when it came back inside. I was so wary to use it. The memory of that day still fresh in my mind, I turned it inside out. It looks okay but I still have to clean it again. I scrubbed it vigorously and now I feel okay using it again.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Ha! I love your honesty!!! Thank you for teaching me a lesson...clean out things used by kids frequently.
Post a Comment